Do you often feel disheartened when after a long day at work, you cannot enjoy backyard activities like barbecuing or swimming? Do you wait for the weekends and avoid home backyard parties after dusk? Well, you have landed at the right place. In this blog, we explore various outdoor lighting options and how to choose the best one to suit your needs.
There are three main types of illuminations:
- Improves navigation after dusk and to deter prowlers
- Enhances garden features using landscape lighting
- Focuses on hardscape accent lighting
Depending on the occasion, and requirements, the amount of lighting will vary. Not only does it accentuate the area, but also keeps the backyard or patio deck safe. Below we discuss four best outdoor lighting options to help you choose the best one for you:
- Path Lighting – This type of lighting is specifically designed and installed on both sides of the walkway from the back door to the fence door or around fountains or flower beds. The soft to moderately bright lighting is pleasing to the eyes and gives a cozy look and feel to the walkway.
- Security Lighting: This safety light is usually the brightest kind of outdoor lighting option available and is suitable for lighting up large spaces or to scare animals and burglars. These keep your home safe and secure and are usually fitted at a height to cast wide beams. They use as much as 120-V current and only three to four bulbs are necessary to light up the entire backyard. Rotating optics are also available to light up both sides of the home. If you are the kind of person who loves bright lights, this option is your best bet. These lights are available in various color options such as white and bronze.
- Outdoor Wall Lighting – With these moderately bright lights, the outdoor wall lighting is low-voltage and used primarily to enhance visibility in low mounted, sunken areas. The designs, colors and style are breathtakingly beautiful with multiple options to choose from. These LED lights can be easily blended with other fixtures. If you want special lighting for a special evening, this option allows you to set the mood by lighting up your low-lying areas.
- Deck Lighting – Helps to not only avoid tripping hazards, but also adds style to your deck! These outdoor lights can be placed along the deck stair railings, on the deck surface, above and below the ground, and are grooved in the surface so you can safely walk around. Choose from a wide range of options available and enjoy your day in your own company, with your family and friends.
We, at Coastal Outdoor Lighting, have highly skilled professionals and expertise who can help you choose the perfect outdoor lighting options, including deck lighting, for that perfect setting. Contact us now and let’s together light up your outdoor setting!